Mets give away 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for Tuesday’s game at Citi Field
May 2, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
The Mets announced earlier this evening that they have donated 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for tomorrow night’s series opener against the Giants at Citi Field.
This gesture is in addition to the Mets’ current policy that allows free admission to any active service member who presents a valid military I.D.
Here’s the full text of the press release from the team:
The New York Mets today announced the team has donated 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for tomorrow’s game against the San Francisco Giants at Citi Field.
Working in conjunction with the USO, the Mets distributed 2,000 tickets to tomorrow’s series opening game with the defending World Series champion Giants to all five branches of the military – Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard.
In addition, the first 2,000 members of the military who show a valid military I.D. at the Day of Game Ticket Sales Window at Citi Field will receive complimentary tickets for themselves and their guests. Military personnel can receive their tickets, limited to six per party, starting two hours before tomorrow’s 7:10 game.
Marine Corps veteran Sgt. Elizabeth Quiñones will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch of tomorrow’s game.
Today’s donation compliments the Mets’ season-long policy of providing a complimentary ticket to any active service member who presents a valid military I.D. at the Citi Field ticket office.
I would normally say something playfully sarcastic like the Mets can’t give these seats away, but this is a classy move by the organization. I can’t wait to see the atmosphere at Citi Field tomorrow.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)