Mets give away 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for Tuesday’s game at Citi Field
May 2, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
The Mets announced earlier this evening that they have donated 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for tomorrow night’s series opener against the Giants at Citi Field.
This gesture is in addition to the Mets’ current policy that allows free admission to any active service member who presents a valid military I.D.
Here’s the full text of the press release from the team:
The New York Mets today announced the team has donated 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for tomorrow’s game against the San Francisco Giants at Citi Field.
Working in conjunction with the USO, the Mets distributed 2,000 tickets to tomorrow’s series opening game with the defending World Series champion Giants to all five branches of the military – Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard.
In addition, the first 2,000 members of the military who show a valid military I.D. at the Day of Game Ticket Sales Window at Citi Field will receive complimentary tickets for themselves and their guests. Military personnel can receive their tickets, limited to six per party, starting two hours before tomorrow’s 7:10 game.
Marine Corps veteran Sgt. Elizabeth Quiñones will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch of tomorrow’s game.
Today’s donation compliments the Mets’ season-long policy of providing a complimentary ticket to any active service member who presents a valid military I.D. at the Citi Field ticket office.
I would normally say something playfully sarcastic like the Mets can’t give these seats away, but this is a classy move by the organization. I can’t wait to see the atmosphere at Citi Field tomorrow.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 55
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (111)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (97)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along