Mets give away 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for Tuesday’s game at Citi Field
May 2, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
The Mets announced earlier this evening that they have donated 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for tomorrow night’s series opener against the Giants at Citi Field.
This gesture is in addition to the Mets’ current policy that allows free admission to any active service member who presents a valid military I.D.
Here’s the full text of the press release from the team:
The New York Mets today announced the team has donated 4,000 tickets to military members and their families for tomorrow’s game against the San Francisco Giants at Citi Field.
Working in conjunction with the USO, the Mets distributed 2,000 tickets to tomorrow’s series opening game with the defending World Series champion Giants to all five branches of the military – Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard.
In addition, the first 2,000 members of the military who show a valid military I.D. at the Day of Game Ticket Sales Window at Citi Field will receive complimentary tickets for themselves and their guests. Military personnel can receive their tickets, limited to six per party, starting two hours before tomorrow’s 7:10 game.
Marine Corps veteran Sgt. Elizabeth Quiñones will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch of tomorrow’s game.
Today’s donation compliments the Mets’ season-long policy of providing a complimentary ticket to any active service member who presents a valid military I.D. at the Citi Field ticket office.
I would normally say something playfully sarcastic like the Mets can’t give these seats away, but this is a classy move by the organization. I can’t wait to see the atmosphere at Citi Field tomorrow.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)