May 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
I love Twitter. Before it was invented, you’d have to be friends with a baseball player in order to have him tell you that he’s having surgery tomorrow. As was reported over the weekend, Sandoval likely faces 4 to 6 weeks of recovery time. If that schedule holds, it means he’ll be back the first or second week of June.
The question is what the Giants will do for offense in the meantime. Sandoval had .313/.374/.530 batting line and had hit five home runs. That’s far and away the best on the Giants so far this year. A Giants team that is already 14th in the National League in runs per game and which sits four and a half games out of first place.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 21
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 45
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)