May 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
I love Twitter. Before it was invented, you’d have to be friends with a baseball player in order to have him tell you that he’s having surgery tomorrow. As was reported over the weekend, Sandoval likely faces 4 to 6 weeks of recovery time. If that schedule holds, it means he’ll be back the first or second week of June.
The question is what the Giants will do for offense in the meantime. Sandoval had .313/.374/.530 batting line and had hit five home runs. That’s far and away the best on the Giants so far this year. A Giants team that is already 14th in the National League in runs per game and which sits four and a half games out of first place.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)