May 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
I love Twitter. Before it was invented, you’d have to be friends with a baseball player in order to have him tell you that he’s having surgery tomorrow. As was reported over the weekend, Sandoval likely faces 4 to 6 weeks of recovery time. If that schedule holds, it means he’ll be back the first or second week of June.
The question is what the Giants will do for offense in the meantime. Sandoval had .313/.374/.530 batting line and had hit five home runs. That’s far and away the best on the Giants so far this year. A Giants team that is already 14th in the National League in runs per game and which sits four and a half games out of first place.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 24
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 23
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)