May 2, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
This is really a good news, bad news situation. It’s good in that the Yankees have eliminated one potentially serious possibility, but they’re still searching for answers regarding Hughes’ “dead arm” and diminished velocity.
Hughes posted a 13.94 ERA over his first three starts before being placed on the disabled list on April 15. He averaged just 89.2 mph on his fastball compared to 92.6 mph last season. Hughes attempted to throw last Monday, but was sent for testing after the session did not go well. The mystery continues.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)