May 3, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
Not much happening this morning, so gentlemen: lets broaden our minds. Specifically, let’s take some time and check out this fun link over at Baseball Past and Present: a review and remembrance of some guys who played but a single game in the major leagues.
You know Eddie Gaedel and Moonlight Graham. But do you know that Robin Yount’s older brother makes the list too? As well as a freaking Catholic Priest who, despite his one game, set a major league record?
(link via BTF)
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 16
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8