May 3, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
Not much happening this morning, so gentlemen: lets broaden our minds. Specifically, let’s take some time and check out this fun link over at Baseball Past and Present: a review and remembrance of some guys who played but a single game in the major leagues.
You know Eddie Gaedel and Moonlight Graham. But do you know that Robin Yount’s older brother makes the list too? As well as a freaking Catholic Priest who, despite his one game, set a major league record?
(link via BTF)
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)