May 3, 2011, 9:34 AM EST
Not much happening this morning, so gentlemen: lets broaden our minds. Specifically, let’s take some time and check out this fun link over at Baseball Past and Present: a review and remembrance of some guys who played but a single game in the major leagues.
You know Eddie Gaedel and Moonlight Graham. But do you know that Robin Yount’s older brother makes the list too? As well as a freaking Catholic Priest who, despite his one game, set a major league record?
(link via BTF)
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 41
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 32
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)