May 3, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
Not much happening this morning, so gentlemen: lets broaden our minds. Specifically, let’s take some time and check out this fun link over at Baseball Past and Present: a review and remembrance of some guys who played but a single game in the major leagues.
You know Eddie Gaedel and Moonlight Graham. But do you know that Robin Yount’s older brother makes the list too? As well as a freaking Catholic Priest who, despite his one game, set a major league record?
(link via BTF)
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead