May 3, 2011, 11:08 AM EDT
Observed: The Giants have the second-to-worst offense in the National League, scoring only 3.54 runs a game.
Observed: Brandon Belt, who they sent down to Fresno last week, is hitting .517 with two homers four doubles, eight walks and ten RBI in 37 plate appearances at AAA.
Yes, I know Belt doesn’t play third base, but Miguel Tejada stinks on ice on defense too. If you’re the Giants, don’t you try something? This is getting pathetic.
UPDATE: Gleeman reminds me that, duh, Belt is a lefty and you don’t exactly see a lot of lefties playing third base. So, fine, dumb idea. Even so, at least consider putting Huff over there. Yeah, he’d stink too, but he’s already showed an admirable willingness to embarrass himself on defense this year, so maybe it could work. And all of that said, I’d probably rather play an inexperienced lefty third baseman than Miguel Tejada right now.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)