May 3, 2011, 11:08 AM EST
Observed: The Giants have the second-to-worst offense in the National League, scoring only 3.54 runs a game.
Observed: Brandon Belt, who they sent down to Fresno last week, is hitting .517 with two homers four doubles, eight walks and ten RBI in 37 plate appearances at AAA.
Yes, I know Belt doesn’t play third base, but Miguel Tejada stinks on ice on defense too. If you’re the Giants, don’t you try something? This is getting pathetic.
UPDATE: Gleeman reminds me that, duh, Belt is a lefty and you don’t exactly see a lot of lefties playing third base. So, fine, dumb idea. Even so, at least consider putting Huff over there. Yeah, he’d stink too, but he’s already showed an admirable willingness to embarrass himself on defense this year, so maybe it could work. And all of that said, I’d probably rather play an inexperienced lefty third baseman than Miguel Tejada right now.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)