May 3, 2011, 11:08 AM EDT
Observed: The Giants have the second-to-worst offense in the National League, scoring only 3.54 runs a game.
Observed: Brandon Belt, who they sent down to Fresno last week, is hitting .517 with two homers four doubles, eight walks and ten RBI in 37 plate appearances at AAA.
Yes, I know Belt doesn’t play third base, but Miguel Tejada stinks on ice on defense too. If you’re the Giants, don’t you try something? This is getting pathetic.
UPDATE: Gleeman reminds me that, duh, Belt is a lefty and you don’t exactly see a lot of lefties playing third base. So, fine, dumb idea. Even so, at least consider putting Huff over there. Yeah, he’d stink too, but he’s already showed an admirable willingness to embarrass himself on defense this year, so maybe it could work. And all of that said, I’d probably rather play an inexperienced lefty third baseman than Miguel Tejada right now.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)