May 3, 2011, 12:00 AM EDT
Ethier’s hit into the hole between short and third plated the Dodgers’ fifth run of the game and knocked Russell from the contest. It came in his third at-bat of the night.
Ethier’s streak is the longest for a Dodger since Willie Davis hit in 31 straight in 1969. He’s halfway to Joe DiMaggio’s major league-best 56-game streak achieved in 1941.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)