May 3, 2011, 12:00 AM EST
Ethier’s hit into the hole between short and third plated the Dodgers’ fifth run of the game and knocked Russell from the contest. It came in his third at-bat of the night.
Ethier’s streak is the longest for a Dodger since Willie Davis hit in 31 straight in 1969. He’s halfway to Joe DiMaggio’s major league-best 56-game streak achieved in 1941.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 63
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 28
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)