May 3, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Even if the MRI exam reveals nothing serious manager John Farrell said that he expects Bautista to remain out of the lineup until at least the weekend.
Bautista got off to a great start and stayed hot after returning from a brief paternity leave, hitting .357 with nine homers and a 1.292 OPS in 25 games overall before leaving Sunday’s loss to the Yankees in the seventh inning.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 21
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 42
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 42
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)