May 3, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Even if the MRI exam reveals nothing serious manager John Farrell said that he expects Bautista to remain out of the lineup until at least the weekend.
Bautista got off to a great start and stayed hot after returning from a brief paternity leave, hitting .357 with nine homers and a 1.292 OPS in 25 games overall before leaving Sunday’s loss to the Yankees in the seventh inning.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)