May 3, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Hamilton has been playing catch and shagging flyballs in his rehab and is considered about a week ahead of schedule. The Rangers originally said he’d be out 6-8 weeks with the injury. If he can avoid any setbacks, a return during the May 23-29 homestand against the White Sox and Royals seems possible.
With Hamilton sidelined, the Rangers have alternated Julio Borbon and David Murphy in center field, with Mitch Moreland shifting back and forth between first base and the right field. Borbon could be at risk of being sent back to the minors when Hamilton returns, though he has some time left to secure his spot.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)