May 3, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
On Saturday, Milton Bradley was ejected for an animated argument with umpire Todd Tichenor following what appeared to be a blown call by Tichenor involving a play at first with Miguel Olivo. After his ejection — which was based on whatever he said to Tichenor — Bradley had to be restrained by Mariners’ third base coach Jeff Datz as he went after second base ump Gerry Davis, pictured to the right.
Today Major League Baseball meted out justice: a one-game suspension and a fine in an undisclosed amount. Bradley has appealed the suspension so, if it is held up, it will be served at a later date. This is Milton Bradleys 1,343,439th suspension in his major league career (estimated).
Meanwhile, no one has been suspended for driving drunk in baseball this year.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)