May 3, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Being underrated is a tricky business. The more underrated you become, the more people note how underrated you are, and thus the more people try to emphatically make your case for being better than people think and thus the quicker it is that you become overrated. Ask Ben Wallace how this works. Or the city of Portland, Oregon.
Most selected was Shin-Soo Choo (13%), followed by the Atlanta Braves’ Martin Prado (5%), the Texas Rangers’ DH Michael Young (4%), the Boston Red Sox’s 1B Adrian Gonzalez (4%) and the Washington Nationals’ 3B Ryan Zimmerman (3%).
Choo is a Boras client, of course, so expect to see this poll show up in his little prospectus when he hits free agency. I’m not sure how one goes about overselling underratedness, but I’m sure Boras will figure it out.
UPDATE: Well, this is bad timing.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 11
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)