May 3, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Courtesy of my friend Vince Grzegorek at Cleveland Scene, here is the entire police report for Shin-Soo Choo’s arrest early yesterday morning.
It has the details of the traffic stop (note: police didn’t notice his driving until he stopped to ask them for directions home). It also has the details of his field sobriety test, which he did fairly poorly on. It also has his preliminary BAC results: .201, which is over twice the legal limit. Indeed, that was twice the legal limit back before everyone lowered the DUI threshold several years ago.
Finally, it notes that Choo was given a lift home the next morning by one of the police officers, who noticed damage and green paint on the bumper of Choo’s car, which was towed to his house earlier that morning. So, if you have a green car that was mysteriously smashed late Sunday night or early Sunday morning in the west Cleveland burbs, you may want to call Mr. Choo’s attorney.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)