May 3, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Courtesy of my friend Vince Grzegorek at Cleveland Scene, here is the entire police report for Shin-Soo Choo’s arrest early yesterday morning.
It has the details of the traffic stop (note: police didn’t notice his driving until he stopped to ask them for directions home). It also has the details of his field sobriety test, which he did fairly poorly on. It also has his preliminary BAC results: .201, which is over twice the legal limit. Indeed, that was twice the legal limit back before everyone lowered the DUI threshold several years ago.
Finally, it notes that Choo was given a lift home the next morning by one of the police officers, who noticed damage and green paint on the bumper of Choo’s car, which was towed to his house earlier that morning. So, if you have a green car that was mysteriously smashed late Sunday night or early Sunday morning in the west Cleveland burbs, you may want to call Mr. Choo’s attorney.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)