May 3, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Kevin Millwood just opted out of his minor league deal with the Yankees because it seemed obvious that wouldn’t be called up to the big club. Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com now reports that the O’s are considering bringing him back. At least if he’d like to try the minor league deal thing again.
Millwood, of course, made 31 starts for the Orioles last season and they were pretty damn awful. Reports on him this spring have been dire. That said, the Orioles’ rotation has some holes given injuries, so if he signed and was able to look good in just one or two minor league starts, he could find himself in business.
My guess: he’s done. But I said that about Bartolo Colon, like, five different times, so what do I know?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)