May 3, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Kevin Millwood just opted out of his minor league deal with the Yankees because it seemed obvious that wouldn’t be called up to the big club. Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com now reports that the O’s are considering bringing him back. At least if he’d like to try the minor league deal thing again.
Millwood, of course, made 31 starts for the Orioles last season and they were pretty damn awful. Reports on him this spring have been dire. That said, the Orioles’ rotation has some holes given injuries, so if he signed and was able to look good in just one or two minor league starts, he could find himself in business.
My guess: he’s done. But I said that about Bartolo Colon, like, five different times, so what do I know?
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)