May 3, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Kevin Millwood just opted out of his minor league deal with the Yankees because it seemed obvious that wouldn’t be called up to the big club. Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com now reports that the O’s are considering bringing him back. At least if he’d like to try the minor league deal thing again.
Millwood, of course, made 31 starts for the Orioles last season and they were pretty damn awful. Reports on him this spring have been dire. That said, the Orioles’ rotation has some holes given injuries, so if he signed and was able to look good in just one or two minor league starts, he could find himself in business.
My guess: he’s done. But I said that about Bartolo Colon, like, five different times, so what do I know?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)