May 3, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Kevin Millwood just opted out of his minor league deal with the Yankees because it seemed obvious that wouldn’t be called up to the big club. Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com now reports that the O’s are considering bringing him back. At least if he’d like to try the minor league deal thing again.
Millwood, of course, made 31 starts for the Orioles last season and they were pretty damn awful. Reports on him this spring have been dire. That said, the Orioles’ rotation has some holes given injuries, so if he signed and was able to look good in just one or two minor league starts, he could find himself in business.
My guess: he’s done. But I said that about Bartolo Colon, like, five different times, so what do I know?
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)