May 3, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Kevin Millwood just opted out of his minor league deal with the Yankees because it seemed obvious that wouldn’t be called up to the big club. Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com now reports that the O’s are considering bringing him back. At least if he’d like to try the minor league deal thing again.
Millwood, of course, made 31 starts for the Orioles last season and they were pretty damn awful. Reports on him this spring have been dire. That said, the Orioles’ rotation has some holes given injuries, so if he signed and was able to look good in just one or two minor league starts, he could find himself in business.
My guess: he’s done. But I said that about Bartolo Colon, like, five different times, so what do I know?
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 40
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 21
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)