May 3, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
Back in December the Twins traded backup catcher Jose Morales to the Rockies for 21-year-old reliever Paul Bargas, who was a 13th-round pick in 2009 and pitched at low Single-A last season.
Soon after reporting to spring training Bargas was sent home to California to be examined for what the Twins called a “neurological condition” and LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the news isn’t good.
Bargas has been diagnosed with brain cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy treatments. What a sad development.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (90)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (78)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)