May 3, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Back in December the Twins traded backup catcher Jose Morales to the Rockies for 21-year-old reliever Paul Bargas, who was a 13th-round pick in 2009 and pitched at low Single-A last season.
Soon after reporting to spring training Bargas was sent home to California to be examined for what the Twins called a “neurological condition” and LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the news isn’t good.
Bargas has been diagnosed with brain cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy treatments. What a sad development.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)