May 3, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
Back in December the Twins traded backup catcher Jose Morales to the Rockies for 21-year-old reliever Paul Bargas, who was a 13th-round pick in 2009 and pitched at low Single-A last season.
Soon after reporting to spring training Bargas was sent home to California to be examined for what the Twins called a “neurological condition” and LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the news isn’t good.
Bargas has been diagnosed with brain cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy treatments. What a sad development.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)