May 4, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Brian Roberts has been playing through a hamstring injury, but yesterday he was scratched from the Orioles’ lineup following a root canal.
Robert Falkoff of MLB.com reports that Roberts initially felt mouth pain Sunday, but thought little of it until things got much worse during the team flight to Kansas City on Monday night.
Or as manager Buck Showalter put it: “By the time we landed, we knew he had a problem.”
Roberts is hoping to be back in the lineup tonight, but Showalter seemed unsure about such a quick return.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 59
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)