May 4, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Brian Roberts has been playing through a hamstring injury, but yesterday he was scratched from the Orioles’ lineup following a root canal.
Robert Falkoff of MLB.com reports that Roberts initially felt mouth pain Sunday, but thought little of it until things got much worse during the team flight to Kansas City on Monday night.
Or as manager Buck Showalter put it: “By the time we landed, we knew he had a problem.”
Roberts is hoping to be back in the lineup tonight, but Showalter seemed unsure about such a quick return.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 21
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)