May 4, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Jeter was 1-for-4 with a strikeout before exiting. He was replaced at shortstop by Eduardo Nunez, who did not make a plate appearance.
Nunez seems likely to start at short in Thursday afternoon’s series finale against the Tigers.
The Yankees haven’t announced any plans for an MRI or other types of tests on Jeter’s hip, but it makes sense to give the 36-year-old a day or two of rest for precautionary reasons.
Jeter is batting .250 with a brutal .308 on-base percentage and .269 slugging percentage through 116 plate appearances this season. He doesn’t have a home run and boasts only two extra-base hits.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 28
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)