May 4, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Mattingly said one of the immediate issues was to find an MRI tube large enough for Broxton to get his 300-pound frame into.
“I’m serious,” said Mattingly.
Broxton is listed at 6-foot-4 and 300 pounds, but … well, let’s just say my driver’s license claims I’m 6-foot-2 and 235.
Of course, given their current payroll situation maybe the Dodgers are just shopping around for a bargain on the MRI.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)