May 4, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Last month an usher from PNC Park was found dead in his car by the side of the road, having apparently died on his way home from a Pirates game. Yesterday, Pittsburgh police filled out the story a little bit, and it’s awful:
Police say they’ve arrested a 17-year-old boy accused of robbing a PNC Park usher and stealing his car after the man pulled over while having a heart attack on his way home from an extra-inning Pittsburgh Pirates game. Police aren’t identifying the suspect because of his age. But they say he approached the car driven by 58-year-old Michael Schacht, who was slumped over and in distress. Police say the boy pulled Schacht out of the car, stole his wallet and then drove off, leaving Schacht on the ground.
Now would be a good time to revist those things we talked about on Monday about tempering our understandable blood lust when punishing atrocities.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17