May 4, 2011, 2:32 PM EST
Well, a Yogi Berra jersey anyway. Whatever. This is just weird:
Jerry Springer’s mom used to dress him up as an English schoolboy, complete with the shorts. And there as a good reason for that: the family had just emigrated from England and they figured that’s what everyone did in New York in 1950. Unfortunately they didn’t, and Springer got beat up at school a lot. To make life better, Springer’s mom bought him a replica Yankees uniform with Yogi Berra’s number 8 on the back. The beatings stopped.
Just imagine, if Springer’s mom hadn’t bought that uniform his entire life may have turned out differently. And of course, his entire career may have turned out differently. And if that happened, a close friend of my brother’s never would have appeared on national television on a Springer episode called “my man doesn’t know I’m a prostitute!”
And you think I’m kidding.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)