May 4, 2011, 2:32 PM EST
Well, a Yogi Berra jersey anyway. Whatever. This is just weird:
Jerry Springer’s mom used to dress him up as an English schoolboy, complete with the shorts. And there as a good reason for that: the family had just emigrated from England and they figured that’s what everyone did in New York in 1950. Unfortunately they didn’t, and Springer got beat up at school a lot. To make life better, Springer’s mom bought him a replica Yankees uniform with Yogi Berra’s number 8 on the back. The beatings stopped.
Just imagine, if Springer’s mom hadn’t bought that uniform his entire life may have turned out differently. And of course, his entire career may have turned out differently. And if that happened, a close friend of my brother’s never would have appeared on national television on a Springer episode called “my man doesn’t know I’m a prostitute!”
And you think I’m kidding.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15