May 4, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
Between Luke Scott and this wacko, I have the crazy beat covered today, no?
Anyway, Jeff Shultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution notes that John Rocker, seemingly unable to persuade any of the big publishing houses to give him a deal, is self-publishing a memoir this summer. That should be illuminating reading. Attention anyone who has the stomach to read it: please let me know how illuminating it is.
Shultz also links to an in-depth article about Rocker that appears in this month’s “Atlanta Magazine.” You can check it out here. It seems that Rocker is now a real estate developer. Good for him. I guess.
As for the memoir, I hope it sells like hotcakes. I can’t think of anything that would drive him more batty than having his name appear on the New York Times bestseller list, what with how much he loves that town.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)