John Rocker is going to publish a memoir

May 4, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT

John Rocker

Between Luke Scott and this wacko, I have the crazy beat covered today, no?

Anyway, Jeff Shultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution notes that John Rocker, seemingly unable to persuade any of the big publishing houses to give him a deal, is self-publishing a memoir this summer. That should be illuminating reading. Attention anyone who has the stomach to read it: please let me know how illuminating it is.

Shultz also links to an in-depth article about Rocker that appears in this month’s “Atlanta Magazine.”  You can check it out here.  It seems that Rocker is now a real estate developer. Good for him. I guess.

As for the memoir, I hope it sells like hotcakes. I can’t think of anything that would drive him more batty than having his name appear on the New York Times bestseller list, what with how much he loves that town.

1. BC - May 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Will it be written in crayon?

• Ralph - May 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Definitely wouldn’t be a brown crayon.

2. halladaysbicepts - May 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Title of Rocker’s new book:

My Ouster from MLB: Rocker’s Love for New York

• BC - May 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Alternate title: “How I Stopped Worrying And Learned To Love The 7 Train”.

3. bigharold - May 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM

John Rocker writing a memoir is not news. John Rocker can read AND write, .. not that is news.

• CJ - May 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM

no one said he could read. And he’ll probably getting someone to write it for him.

In other news, no truth to the rumors that he couldn’t find a big publishing house to publish the book because when he searched for POBLISHIN HOWSE on gewgle.com, no results were found.

4. heyblueyoustink - May 4, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Who’s doing the “book on tape version”? Gary Busey?

• BC - May 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM

No, Charlie Sheen.

• heyblueyoustink - May 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Even better…..Mel Gibson

5. deathmonkey41 - May 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Craig’s just upset that it might conflict with his own soon-to-be released memoirs:

“Bitter Pill: Jealous of Derek Jeter’s Life”

6. yankeesfanlen - May 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Just as “Lawrence Welk’s Greatest Hits” was a blank LP, this may be a ream of Hammermill white office stock bound by recycled cowboy boots.

7. Max Power - May 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM

The Autobiography of John Rocker: As told to Alex Haley

8. SmackSaw - May 4, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Is Roger McDowell gonna write the forward?

9. baseballstars - May 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Rather than take a jab at him, I hope by now he has grown up and realized how wrong his previous views were. I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Here’s an interview he did with Penn & Teller:

10. Old Gator - May 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Baseballstars: thanks. Because of that, I won’t need to take my Hydroxycut before dinner tonight.

Well, I suppose this one will have to do until Luke Scott hires someone to write his. Unless, of course, Dan Quayle publishes his confession about having had his imagination artificially stimulated during his state visit to Mexico first.

• baseballstars - May 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM

But how would you know Luke Scott really wrote his memoir unless you’ve seen the long form? After all, anyone with a computer can type words.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5049)