May 4, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
Between Luke Scott and this wacko, I have the crazy beat covered today, no?
Anyway, Jeff Shultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution notes that John Rocker, seemingly unable to persuade any of the big publishing houses to give him a deal, is self-publishing a memoir this summer. That should be illuminating reading. Attention anyone who has the stomach to read it: please let me know how illuminating it is.
Shultz also links to an in-depth article about Rocker that appears in this month’s “Atlanta Magazine.” You can check it out here. It seems that Rocker is now a real estate developer. Good for him. I guess.
As for the memoir, I hope it sells like hotcakes. I can’t think of anything that would drive him more batty than having his name appear on the New York Times bestseller list, what with how much he loves that town.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)