May 4, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
Between Luke Scott and this wacko, I have the crazy beat covered today, no?
Anyway, Jeff Shultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution notes that John Rocker, seemingly unable to persuade any of the big publishing houses to give him a deal, is self-publishing a memoir this summer. That should be illuminating reading. Attention anyone who has the stomach to read it: please let me know how illuminating it is.
Shultz also links to an in-depth article about Rocker that appears in this month’s “Atlanta Magazine.” You can check it out here. It seems that Rocker is now a real estate developer. Good for him. I guess.
As for the memoir, I hope it sells like hotcakes. I can’t think of anything that would drive him more batty than having his name appear on the New York Times bestseller list, what with how much he loves that town.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)