May 4, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
Between Luke Scott and this wacko, I have the crazy beat covered today, no?
Anyway, Jeff Shultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution notes that John Rocker, seemingly unable to persuade any of the big publishing houses to give him a deal, is self-publishing a memoir this summer. That should be illuminating reading. Attention anyone who has the stomach to read it: please let me know how illuminating it is.
Shultz also links to an in-depth article about Rocker that appears in this month’s “Atlanta Magazine.” You can check it out here. It seems that Rocker is now a real estate developer. Good for him. I guess.
As for the memoir, I hope it sells like hotcakes. I can’t think of anything that would drive him more batty than having his name appear on the New York Times bestseller list, what with how much he loves that town.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)