May 4, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
Between Luke Scott and this wacko, I have the crazy beat covered today, no?
Anyway, Jeff Shultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution notes that John Rocker, seemingly unable to persuade any of the big publishing houses to give him a deal, is self-publishing a memoir this summer. That should be illuminating reading. Attention anyone who has the stomach to read it: please let me know how illuminating it is.
Shultz also links to an in-depth article about Rocker that appears in this month’s “Atlanta Magazine.” You can check it out here. It seems that Rocker is now a real estate developer. Good for him. I guess.
As for the memoir, I hope it sells like hotcakes. I can’t think of anything that would drive him more batty than having his name appear on the New York Times bestseller list, what with how much he loves that town.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 10
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 71
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)