May 4, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto is scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Reds’ rotation Saturday after being sidelined since mid-March with a triceps injury and to make room for his return Mike Leake is heading to the bullpen.
Leake pitched well in his first two starts after being charged with shoplifting $60 worth of shirts from Macy’s, tossing a pair of Quality Starts, but he got rocked for seven runs in 3.2 innings yesterday and has a 5.77 ERA in six starts overall.
Leake’s struggles actually date back to the middle of last season. He was 5-0 with a 2.22 ERA through June 5, but since then Leake has a 6.23 ERA and has allowed 127 hits, including 20 homers, in 100 innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)