May 4, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto is scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Reds’ rotation Saturday after being sidelined since mid-March with a triceps injury and to make room for his return Mike Leake is heading to the bullpen.
Leake pitched well in his first two starts after being charged with shoplifting $60 worth of shirts from Macy’s, tossing a pair of Quality Starts, but he got rocked for seven runs in 3.2 innings yesterday and has a 5.77 ERA in six starts overall.
Leake’s struggles actually date back to the middle of last season. He was 5-0 with a 2.22 ERA through June 5, but since then Leake has a 6.23 ERA and has allowed 127 hits, including 20 homers, in 100 innings.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 11
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires