May 4, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Johnny Cueto is scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Reds’ rotation Saturday after being sidelined since mid-March with a triceps injury and to make room for his return Mike Leake is heading to the bullpen.
Leake pitched well in his first two starts after being charged with shoplifting $60 worth of shirts from Macy’s, tossing a pair of Quality Starts, but he got rocked for seven runs in 3.2 innings yesterday and has a 5.77 ERA in six starts overall.
Leake’s struggles actually date back to the middle of last season. He was 5-0 with a 2.22 ERA through June 5, but since then Leake has a 6.23 ERA and has allowed 127 hits, including 20 homers, in 100 innings.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27