May 4, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto is scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Reds’ rotation Saturday after being sidelined since mid-March with a triceps injury and to make room for his return Mike Leake is heading to the bullpen.
Leake pitched well in his first two starts after being charged with shoplifting $60 worth of shirts from Macy’s, tossing a pair of Quality Starts, but he got rocked for seven runs in 3.2 innings yesterday and has a 5.77 ERA in six starts overall.
Leake’s struggles actually date back to the middle of last season. He was 5-0 with a 2.22 ERA through June 5, but since then Leake has a 6.23 ERA and has allowed 127 hits, including 20 homers, in 100 innings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)