May 4, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto is scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Reds’ rotation Saturday after being sidelined since mid-March with a triceps injury and to make room for his return Mike Leake is heading to the bullpen.
Leake pitched well in his first two starts after being charged with shoplifting $60 worth of shirts from Macy’s, tossing a pair of Quality Starts, but he got rocked for seven runs in 3.2 innings yesterday and has a 5.77 ERA in six starts overall.
Leake’s struggles actually date back to the middle of last season. He was 5-0 with a 2.22 ERA through June 5, but since then Leake has a 6.23 ERA and has allowed 127 hits, including 20 homers, in 100 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 11
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)