May 4, 2011, 9:10 AM EDT
The Mets lost, but it wasn’t a bad night for Jose Reyes last night: he reached base six times, three on hits, three on walks. As Eric Simon of Amazin’ Avenue noted last night, that was the second time Reyes had done that in his career, and it was the tenth time a Met player had done it. Oh, and he stole a base too, making him 11 for 13 in attempts this year.
As was reported yesterday, the Giants are considering making a play for Reyes. Given that the Giants were sitting across the field watching that performance, he certainly didn’t do anything to lower his stock.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)