May 4, 2011, 9:10 AM EDT
The Mets lost, but it wasn’t a bad night for Jose Reyes last night: he reached base six times, three on hits, three on walks. As Eric Simon of Amazin’ Avenue noted last night, that was the second time Reyes had done that in his career, and it was the tenth time a Met player had done it. Oh, and he stole a base too, making him 11 for 13 in attempts this year.
As was reported yesterday, the Giants are considering making a play for Reyes. Given that the Giants were sitting across the field watching that performance, he certainly didn’t do anything to lower his stock.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead