May 4, 2011, 9:10 AM EDT
The Mets lost, but it wasn’t a bad night for Jose Reyes last night: he reached base six times, three on hits, three on walks. As Eric Simon of Amazin’ Avenue noted last night, that was the second time Reyes had done that in his career, and it was the tenth time a Met player had done it. Oh, and he stole a base too, making him 11 for 13 in attempts this year.
As was reported yesterday, the Giants are considering making a play for Reyes. Given that the Giants were sitting across the field watching that performance, he certainly didn’t do anything to lower his stock.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (114)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)