May 4, 2011, 9:10 AM EDT
The Mets lost, but it wasn’t a bad night for Jose Reyes last night: he reached base six times, three on hits, three on walks. As Eric Simon of Amazin’ Avenue noted last night, that was the second time Reyes had done that in his career, and it was the tenth time a Met player had done it. Oh, and he stole a base too, making him 11 for 13 in attempts this year.
As was reported yesterday, the Giants are considering making a play for Reyes. Given that the Giants were sitting across the field watching that performance, he certainly didn’t do anything to lower his stock.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 12
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 54
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)