May 4, 2011, 9:10 AM EDT
The Mets lost, but it wasn’t a bad night for Jose Reyes last night: he reached base six times, three on hits, three on walks. As Eric Simon of Amazin’ Avenue noted last night, that was the second time Reyes had done that in his career, and it was the tenth time a Met player had done it. Oh, and he stole a base too, making him 11 for 13 in attempts this year.
As was reported yesterday, the Giants are considering making a play for Reyes. Given that the Giants were sitting across the field watching that performance, he certainly didn’t do anything to lower his stock.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)