May 4, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Casey Blake is on the disabled list with an infected elbow, Jonathan Broxton was shut down with elbow pain earlier this afternoon, and now Andre Ethier has been scratched from today’s lineup with elbow inflammation.
Ethier played through the injury yesterday, going 1-for-4 to extend his hitting streak to 29 games, and was initially in the lineup today.
Don Mattingly indicated that he may still be available off the bench as a pinch-hitter, but it’ll be interesting to see if he’s truly willing to put the hitting streak to risk in a situation where Ethier would likely get just one at-bat.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)