May 4, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Casey Blake is on the disabled list with an infected elbow, Jonathan Broxton was shut down with elbow pain earlier this afternoon, and now Andre Ethier has been scratched from today’s lineup with elbow inflammation.
Ethier played through the injury yesterday, going 1-for-4 to extend his hitting streak to 29 games, and was initially in the lineup today.
Don Mattingly indicated that he may still be available off the bench as a pinch-hitter, but it’ll be interesting to see if he’s truly willing to put the hitting streak to risk in a situation where Ethier would likely get just one at-bat.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)