May 4, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Rangers closer Neftali Feliz made a one-inning minor league rehab appearance on Wednesday evening for the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders.
It was his first rehab outing. And it will be his last.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the hard-throwing right-hander struck out three straight batters after giving up a leadoff single and is likely to rejoin the Rangers’ bullpen in time for Friday’s series opener against the Yankees.
Feliz opened the season with five straight saves and a 1.08 ERA over his first eight appearances.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 65
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)