May 4, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Rangers closer Neftali Feliz made a one-inning minor league rehab appearance on Wednesday evening for the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders.
It was his first rehab outing. And it will be his last.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the hard-throwing right-hander struck out three straight batters after giving up a leadoff single and is likely to rejoin the Rangers’ bullpen in time for Friday’s series opener against the Yankees.
Feliz opened the season with five straight saves and a 1.08 ERA over his first eight appearances.
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 41
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 10
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)