May 4, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Rangers closer Neftali Feliz made a one-inning minor league rehab appearance on Wednesday evening for the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders.
It was his first rehab outing. And it will be his last.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the hard-throwing right-hander struck out three straight batters after giving up a leadoff single and is likely to rejoin the Rangers’ bullpen in time for Friday’s series opener against the Yankees.
Feliz opened the season with five straight saves and a 1.08 ERA over his first eight appearances.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)