May 4, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Rangers closer Neftali Feliz made a one-inning minor league rehab appearance on Wednesday evening for the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders.
It was his first rehab outing. And it will be his last.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the hard-throwing right-hander struck out three straight batters after giving up a leadoff single and is likely to rejoin the Rangers’ bullpen in time for Friday’s series opener against the Yankees.
Feliz opened the season with five straight saves and a 1.08 ERA over his first eight appearances.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 17
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 4
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 62
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games