May 4, 2011, 9:39 PM EST
Rangers closer Neftali Feliz made a one-inning minor league rehab appearance on Wednesday evening for the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders.
It was his first rehab outing. And it will be his last.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the hard-throwing right-hander struck out three straight batters after giving up a leadoff single and is likely to rejoin the Rangers’ bullpen in time for Friday’s series opener against the Yankees.
Feliz opened the season with five straight saves and a 1.08 ERA over his first eight appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)