May 4, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
All accounts I’ve heard of the Nats-Phillies game last night had Jayson Werth being quite warmly received by the Philadelphia crowd in his return to Citizens Bank Park. Some initial boos based on intertia and habit, I presume, but those melted away when Werth tipped his hat to the crowd.
Or it’s possible that those boos came from the three sign-wielding doorknobs in the left of this picture — taken from the Diamond Club by HBT reader Chris Conner; higher-res available here — and that they simply gave up booing when someone jingled their keys in front of their faces or distracted them with raw meat:
Stay classy, three idiots on the left!
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)