May 4, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
All accounts I’ve heard of the Nats-Phillies game last night had Jayson Werth being quite warmly received by the Philadelphia crowd in his return to Citizens Bank Park. Some initial boos based on intertia and habit, I presume, but those melted away when Werth tipped his hat to the crowd.
Or it’s possible that those boos came from the three sign-wielding doorknobs in the left of this picture — taken from the Diamond Club by HBT reader Chris Conner; higher-res available here — and that they simply gave up booing when someone jingled their keys in front of their faces or distracted them with raw meat:
Stay classy, three idiots on the left!
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (72)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)