May 4, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
All accounts I’ve heard of the Nats-Phillies game last night had Jayson Werth being quite warmly received by the Philadelphia crowd in his return to Citizens Bank Park. Some initial boos based on intertia and habit, I presume, but those melted away when Werth tipped his hat to the crowd.
Or it’s possible that those boos came from the three sign-wielding doorknobs in the left of this picture — taken from the Diamond Club by HBT reader Chris Conner; higher-res available here — and that they simply gave up booing when someone jingled their keys in front of their faces or distracted them with raw meat:
Stay classy, three idiots on the left!
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)