May 4, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Not to worry, though. Romero will simply rest up for a couple of days and then take the mound Saturday against the Tigers. Kyle Drabek will start in his place Thursday and Jesse Litsch will go Friday.
Romero has posted a cool 3.00 ERA and 1.21 WHIP across six starts this season with 41 strikeouts and just 13 walks in 39 innings. The talented 26-year-old has been backed by just eight total runs in his last five starts, which might help explain his underwhelming 2-3 win-loss record.
Romero finished with a quality 3.73 ERA and 7.5 K/9 over a career-high 210 innings in 2010 for the Jays.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)