May 4, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Not to worry, though. Romero will simply rest up for a couple of days and then take the mound Saturday against the Tigers. Kyle Drabek will start in his place Thursday and Jesse Litsch will go Friday.
Romero has posted a cool 3.00 ERA and 1.21 WHIP across six starts this season with 41 strikeouts and just 13 walks in 39 innings. The talented 26-year-old has been backed by just eight total runs in his last five starts, which might help explain his underwhelming 2-3 win-loss record.
Romero finished with a quality 3.73 ERA and 7.5 K/9 over a career-high 210 innings in 2010 for the Jays.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)