May 4, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Not to worry, though. Romero will simply rest up for a couple of days and then take the mound Saturday against the Tigers. Kyle Drabek will start in his place Thursday and Jesse Litsch will go Friday.
Romero has posted a cool 3.00 ERA and 1.21 WHIP across six starts this season with 41 strikeouts and just 13 walks in 39 innings. The talented 26-year-old has been backed by just eight total runs in his last five starts, which might help explain his underwhelming 2-3 win-loss record.
Romero finished with a quality 3.73 ERA and 7.5 K/9 over a career-high 210 innings in 2010 for the Jays.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)