May 4, 2011, 8:15 PM EST
Not to worry, though. Romero will simply rest up for a couple of days and then take the mound Saturday against the Tigers. Kyle Drabek will start in his place Thursday and Jesse Litsch will go Friday.
Romero has posted a cool 3.00 ERA and 1.21 WHIP across six starts this season with 41 strikeouts and just 13 walks in 39 innings. The talented 26-year-old has been backed by just eight total runs in his last five starts, which might help explain his underwhelming 2-3 win-loss record.
Romero finished with a quality 3.73 ERA and 7.5 K/9 over a career-high 210 innings in 2010 for the Jays.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)