May 4, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Not to worry, though. Romero will simply rest up for a couple of days and then take the mound Saturday against the Tigers. Kyle Drabek will start in his place Thursday and Jesse Litsch will go Friday.
Romero has posted a cool 3.00 ERA and 1.21 WHIP across six starts this season with 41 strikeouts and just 13 walks in 39 innings. The talented 26-year-old has been backed by just eight total runs in his last five starts, which might help explain his underwhelming 2-3 win-loss record.
Romero finished with a quality 3.73 ERA and 7.5 K/9 over a career-high 210 innings in 2010 for the Jays.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 36
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 57
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)