May 5, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
One of the reasons why I was up late last night watching the Fenway Park crowd sing Kevin Youkilis-inspired Biz Markie songs at 2:00 am is that I taped a late-night podcast with Marc Normandin and Matt Kory of Red Sox Beacon.
We discussed my beloved Twins to preview the Red Sox-Twins four-game series that begins in Boston tomorrow, but also talked about a bunch of other stuff while basically re-writing the entire script to the upcoming Moneyball movie.
I had a lot of fun doing the podcast and if you can put up with my voice for 45 minutes of chatter I think you’ll like it too:
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)