May 5, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Jose Bautista‘s neck injury isn’t serious despite needing an MRI exam, as Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he’s “expected to ride a stationary bike today” and “will hit tomorrow” before likely rejoining the lineup Sunday.
Hill has been on the disabled list since April 24, whereas Bautista–who leads the league in nearly every major offensive cateogry–has remained on the active roster while sitting out the past two games.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)