May 5, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Jose Bautista‘s neck injury isn’t serious despite needing an MRI exam, as Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he’s “expected to ride a stationary bike today” and “will hit tomorrow” before likely rejoining the lineup Sunday.
Hill has been on the disabled list since April 24, whereas Bautista–who leads the league in nearly every major offensive cateogry–has remained on the active roster while sitting out the past two games.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)