May 5, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Jose Bautista‘s neck injury isn’t serious despite needing an MRI exam, as Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he’s “expected to ride a stationary bike today” and “will hit tomorrow” before likely rejoining the lineup Sunday.
Hill has been on the disabled list since April 24, whereas Bautista–who leads the league in nearly every major offensive cateogry–has remained on the active roster while sitting out the past two games.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 7
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 87
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)