May 5, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Good news for the Rays, as they get to keep Lopez around as depth should they need some help at third base or second base. Bad news for Lopez, as no team felt he was worth a spot on the 25-man roster and a prorated portion of the minimum salary.
And they might be right to pass, as he’s hit just .231 with a .304 on-base percentage and .346 slugging percentage in 517 plate appearances since the beginning of last season and has long had a reputation for being a difficult personality for managers to deal with.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)