May 5, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Good news for the Rays, as they get to keep Lopez around as depth should they need some help at third base or second base. Bad news for Lopez, as no team felt he was worth a spot on the 25-man roster and a prorated portion of the minimum salary.
And they might be right to pass, as he’s hit just .231 with a .304 on-base percentage and .346 slugging percentage in 517 plate appearances since the beginning of last season and has long had a reputation for being a difficult personality for managers to deal with.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8