May 5, 2011, 4:48 PM EST
Good news for the Rays, as they get to keep Lopez around as depth should they need some help at third base or second base. Bad news for Lopez, as no team felt he was worth a spot on the 25-man roster and a prorated portion of the minimum salary.
And they might be right to pass, as he’s hit just .231 with a .304 on-base percentage and .346 slugging percentage in 517 plate appearances since the beginning of last season and has long had a reputation for being a difficult personality for managers to deal with.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)