May 5, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Earlier today Andrew Baggarly of the Mercury News tweeted this from the press box:
Long road trip. Everyone wants to get home. So Jonathan Sanchez’s act is wearing extremely thin right now … I am no longer filling out my scorebook. Just writing “pitcher indifference” in block letters. That’s what it looks like to me.
He was referring to Sanchez’s nibbling of the strike zone, but I think the criticism could be expanded.
Mets won 5-2. Enjoy the plane ride home, Mr. Sanchez.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)