May 5, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Earlier today Andrew Baggarly of the Mercury News tweeted this from the press box:
Long road trip. Everyone wants to get home. So Jonathan Sanchez’s act is wearing extremely thin right now … I am no longer filling out my scorebook. Just writing “pitcher indifference” in block letters. That’s what it looks like to me.
He was referring to Sanchez’s nibbling of the strike zone, but I think the criticism could be expanded.
Mets won 5-2. Enjoy the plane ride home, Mr. Sanchez.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)