May 5, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Earlier today Andrew Baggarly of the Mercury News tweeted this from the press box:
Long road trip. Everyone wants to get home. So Jonathan Sanchez’s act is wearing extremely thin right now … I am no longer filling out my scorebook. Just writing “pitcher indifference” in block letters. That’s what it looks like to me.
He was referring to Sanchez’s nibbling of the strike zone, but I think the criticism could be expanded.
Mets won 5-2. Enjoy the plane ride home, Mr. Sanchez.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 14
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 71
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (145)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)