May 5, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Earlier today Andrew Baggarly of the Mercury News tweeted this from the press box:
Long road trip. Everyone wants to get home. So Jonathan Sanchez’s act is wearing extremely thin right now … I am no longer filling out my scorebook. Just writing “pitcher indifference” in block letters. That’s what it looks like to me.
He was referring to Sanchez’s nibbling of the strike zone, but I think the criticism could be expanded.
Mets won 5-2. Enjoy the plane ride home, Mr. Sanchez.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final