May 5, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Thole, considered a cornerstone to the Amazin’s rebuilding, has taught a deaf pooch named Picca – owned by he and his wife, Kathryn – to understand sign language. The 24-year-old backstop said his Maltese-poodle mix caught on pretty fast.
My cat doesn’t come when you call him. Doesn’t listen to anyone or anything. I’m sure the explanation is that he’s deaf. Because certainly a cat would want to obey you, right?
Off to call Thole for some advice …
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)