May 5, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Thole, considered a cornerstone to the Amazin’s rebuilding, has taught a deaf pooch named Picca – owned by he and his wife, Kathryn – to understand sign language. The 24-year-old backstop said his Maltese-poodle mix caught on pretty fast.
My cat doesn’t come when you call him. Doesn’t listen to anyone or anything. I’m sure the explanation is that he’s deaf. Because certainly a cat would want to obey you, right?
Off to call Thole for some advice …
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)