May 5, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Thole, considered a cornerstone to the Amazin’s rebuilding, has taught a deaf pooch named Picca – owned by he and his wife, Kathryn – to understand sign language. The 24-year-old backstop said his Maltese-poodle mix caught on pretty fast.
My cat doesn’t come when you call him. Doesn’t listen to anyone or anything. I’m sure the explanation is that he’s deaf. Because certainly a cat would want to obey you, right?
Off to call Thole for some advice …
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4