May 5, 2011, 9:23 PM EST
But it’s not all good news.
According to the agent, B.B. Abbott, a bone spur was found at the back of Broxton’s right elbow and some bruising was also discovered. It’s not anything that will require surgery, but it could delay the closer’s rehabilitation process.
The Dodgers are going to wait a couple of days to see how Broxton responds to treatment before making a decision about placing him on the 15-day disabled list. Hong-Chih Kuo and Vicente Padilla will continue to draw save opportunities in the meantime.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 18
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)