May 5, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
But it’s not all good news.
According to the agent, B.B. Abbott, a bone spur was found at the back of Broxton’s right elbow and some bruising was also discovered. It’s not anything that will require surgery, but it could delay the closer’s rehabilitation process.
The Dodgers are going to wait a couple of days to see how Broxton responds to treatment before making a decision about placing him on the 15-day disabled list. Hong-Chih Kuo and Vicente Padilla will continue to draw save opportunities in the meantime.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)