May 5, 2011, 10:52 PM EST
Just one day after coming off the DL, Nyjer Morgan suffered an injury that will put him right back on it. He broke his left middle finger on a sacrifice bunt in the eighth inning Thursday and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
With Morgan on the disabled list, the Brewers will go back to Carlos Gomez in center field. Gomez, who was supposed to be the starter this year, was benched after Morgan was activated on Tuesday. He’s hitting .234/.275/.315 in 111 at-bats this season.
Morgan has hit .379 with two triples and two doubles in 29 at-bats during his limited action with the Brewers. The Brewers will probably bring back Brandon Boggs to replace him on the roster, assuming that he remains in the organization. He was bumped from the 40-man roster on Wednesday and has the right to elect free agency if he chooses. If Boggs leaves, then Jeremy Reed could get another chance.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)