May 5, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Here’s a question: if you’re a pitcher who is struggling, do you actually prefer it if you realize that it may be because of injury? Is the alternative — you just don’t have it anymore — even scarier?
I’ll almost certainly forget that question between now and the next time I’m talking to a real pitcher, but I throw it out because the Astros are flying closer Brandon Lyon back to Houston for some tests due to “shoulder weakness.” This in the wake of Lyon’s fourth blown save in eight attempts yesterday and his larger hit-tastic-ness of late.
Here’s hoping nothing is seriously wrong with him. At least I think here’s hoping that. I really can’t say.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)