May 5, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Here’s a question: if you’re a pitcher who is struggling, do you actually prefer it if you realize that it may be because of injury? Is the alternative — you just don’t have it anymore — even scarier?
I’ll almost certainly forget that question between now and the next time I’m talking to a real pitcher, but I throw it out because the Astros are flying closer Brandon Lyon back to Houston for some tests due to “shoulder weakness.” This in the wake of Lyon’s fourth blown save in eight attempts yesterday and his larger hit-tastic-ness of late.
Here’s hoping nothing is seriously wrong with him. At least I think here’s hoping that. I really can’t say.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)