May 5, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Here’s a question: if you’re a pitcher who is struggling, do you actually prefer it if you realize that it may be because of injury? Is the alternative — you just don’t have it anymore — even scarier?
I’ll almost certainly forget that question between now and the next time I’m talking to a real pitcher, but I throw it out because the Astros are flying closer Brandon Lyon back to Houston for some tests due to “shoulder weakness.” This in the wake of Lyon’s fourth blown save in eight attempts yesterday and his larger hit-tastic-ness of late.
Here’s hoping nothing is seriously wrong with him. At least I think here’s hoping that. I really can’t say.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming