May 5, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Here’s a question: if you’re a pitcher who is struggling, do you actually prefer it if you realize that it may be because of injury? Is the alternative — you just don’t have it anymore — even scarier?
I’ll almost certainly forget that question between now and the next time I’m talking to a real pitcher, but I throw it out because the Astros are flying closer Brandon Lyon back to Houston for some tests due to “shoulder weakness.” This in the wake of Lyon’s fourth blown save in eight attempts yesterday and his larger hit-tastic-ness of late.
Here’s hoping nothing is seriously wrong with him. At least I think here’s hoping that. I really can’t say.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)