May 6, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Andre Ethier just keeps on keepin’ on.
Ethier, who missed Wednesday’s game with left elbow inflammation, ripped a line drive single to right center field in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Mets.
Either is now the first player to hit in 30 consecutive games since Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman did it during the 2009 season.
Assuming his elbow bounces back OK, Ethier will have a chance to tie Willie Davis’ franchise record of 31 games (1969) on Saturday.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)