May 6, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Andre Ethier just keeps on keepin’ on.
Ethier, who missed Wednesday’s game with left elbow inflammation, ripped a line drive single to right center field in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Mets.
Either is now the first player to hit in 30 consecutive games since Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman did it during the 2009 season.
Assuming his elbow bounces back OK, Ethier will have a chance to tie Willie Davis’ franchise record of 31 games (1969) on Saturday.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)