May 6, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Andre Ethier just keeps on keepin’ on.
Ethier, who missed Wednesday’s game with left elbow inflammation, ripped a line drive single to right center field in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Mets.
Either is now the first player to hit in 30 consecutive games since Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman did it during the 2009 season.
Assuming his elbow bounces back OK, Ethier will have a chance to tie Willie Davis’ franchise record of 31 games (1969) on Saturday.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)