May 6, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Andre Ethier just keeps on keepin’ on.
Ethier, who missed Wednesday’s game with left elbow inflammation, ripped a line drive single to right center field in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Mets.
Either is now the first player to hit in 30 consecutive games since Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman did it during the 2009 season.
Assuming his elbow bounces back OK, Ethier will have a chance to tie Willie Davis’ franchise record of 31 games (1969) on Saturday.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)