May 6, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Andre Ethier just keeps on keepin’ on.
Ethier, who missed Wednesday’s game with left elbow inflammation, ripped a line drive single to right center field in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Mets.
Either is now the first player to hit in 30 consecutive games since Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman did it during the 2009 season.
Assuming his elbow bounces back OK, Ethier will have a chance to tie Willie Davis’ franchise record of 31 games (1969) on Saturday.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)