May 6, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Terry Collins said that Pagan suffered a setback yesterday in his recovery from a strained oblique muscle and will travel to New York to be examined by team doctors.
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com speculates that the setback essentially resets Pagan’s timetable, meaning he’d be at least another 2-3 weeks from returning.
Jason Pridie has been the Mets’ primary center fielder in Pagan’s absence, but he’s overmatched as an everyday player after years of posting mediocre numbers with horrible strikeout-to-walk ratios in the minors.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 100
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)