May 6, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Terry Collins said that Pagan suffered a setback yesterday in his recovery from a strained oblique muscle and will travel to New York to be examined by team doctors.
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com speculates that the setback essentially resets Pagan’s timetable, meaning he’d be at least another 2-3 weeks from returning.
Jason Pridie has been the Mets’ primary center fielder in Pagan’s absence, but he’s overmatched as an everyday player after years of posting mediocre numbers with horrible strikeout-to-walk ratios in the minors.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)