May 6, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Terry Collins said that Pagan suffered a setback yesterday in his recovery from a strained oblique muscle and will travel to New York to be examined by team doctors.
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com speculates that the setback essentially resets Pagan’s timetable, meaning he’d be at least another 2-3 weeks from returning.
Jason Pridie has been the Mets’ primary center fielder in Pagan’s absence, but he’s overmatched as an everyday player after years of posting mediocre numbers with horrible strikeout-to-walk ratios in the minors.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)