May 6, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Terry Collins said that Pagan suffered a setback yesterday in his recovery from a strained oblique muscle and will travel to New York to be examined by team doctors.
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com speculates that the setback essentially resets Pagan’s timetable, meaning he’d be at least another 2-3 weeks from returning.
Jason Pridie has been the Mets’ primary center fielder in Pagan’s absence, but he’s overmatched as an everyday player after years of posting mediocre numbers with horrible strikeout-to-walk ratios in the minors.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)