May 6, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
Peter Moylan‘s back pain hasn’t subsided after taking two weeks to rest, so the Braves reliever told Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that he expects to undergo season-ending surgery.
Moylan was examined yesterday by a surgeon in Atlanta and will travel to Los Angeles early next week to get a second opinion before making a decision.
“Once we have his opinion we’ll decide what we’re going to do, but it looks like surgery is imminent,” Moylan told Rogers.
While not a household name, Moylan has been an incredibly effective reliever for the Braves, posting a 2.61 ERA in 252 career innings and bouncing back extremely well from Tommy John elbow surgery a few years ago.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)