May 6, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
Peter Moylan‘s back pain hasn’t subsided after taking two weeks to rest, so the Braves reliever told Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that he expects to undergo season-ending surgery.
Moylan was examined yesterday by a surgeon in Atlanta and will travel to Los Angeles early next week to get a second opinion before making a decision.
“Once we have his opinion we’ll decide what we’re going to do, but it looks like surgery is imminent,” Moylan told Rogers.
While not a household name, Moylan has been an incredibly effective reliever for the Braves, posting a 2.61 ERA in 252 career innings and bouncing back extremely well from Tommy John elbow surgery a few years ago.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)