May 6, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
Peter Moylan‘s back pain hasn’t subsided after taking two weeks to rest, so the Braves reliever told Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that he expects to undergo season-ending surgery.
Moylan was examined yesterday by a surgeon in Atlanta and will travel to Los Angeles early next week to get a second opinion before making a decision.
“Once we have his opinion we’ll decide what we’re going to do, but it looks like surgery is imminent,” Moylan told Rogers.
While not a household name, Moylan has been an incredibly effective reliever for the Braves, posting a 2.61 ERA in 252 career innings and bouncing back extremely well from Tommy John elbow surgery a few years ago.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)