May 6, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Hamilton told Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com earlier today that he hopes to be back with the Rangers in “two to three weeks.”
“I haven’t had any pain,” Hamilton said. “Each day I come back, I want to be sore from doing exercises and things like that with no pain and that’s what it’s been so far. All my strength’s back.”
Hamilton, who suffered a fractured right humerus on April 12, has swung a fungo bat each of the last three days and took 125 swings off a tee this afternoon. He actually wanted to use a real bat for the second half of his drills, but the Rangers put the kibosh on that. It will likely be a couple days before he takes that step.
The Rangers originally estimated that Hamilton would be sidelined for approximately 6-8 weeks with the injury, so it looks like he could meet that low end of that timeline.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)