Lenny Dykstra indicted on thirteen counts of bankruptcy fraud

May 6, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT

Dykstra

Remember how Lenny Dykstra was arrested for bankruptcy fraud?  Yeah, he’s indicted now. Thirteen counts, reports CNBC’s Darren Rovell.  If he is convicted on all counts he faces 80 years.  Given his business acumen, however, I’m sure he could talk it down to 95.

This is just the latest in a long line of fun for Mr. Dykstra. He was once accused of destroying and/or absconding with property he shouldn’t be destroying or absconding with, though that may be related to the current charges (haven’t seen the indictment). While his financial troubles have mostly hurt himself, it is apparent that he frittered away his son’s signing bonus too.  And then there are the various and sundry issues he’s had ranging from ripping off his escort to having some, ahem, trouble with his would-be cleaning lady.

Enjoy life on the inside, Lenny. You’ve done enough outside.

1. cur68 - May 6, 2011 at 6:37 PM

C’mon legal system! There HAS to be a mug shot of Lenny, there just has to be! Why can’t I find it?

2. aceshigh11 - May 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Man, I cannot believe what a loathsome scumbag this guy turned out to be.

C’mon, he conned his own MOTHER out of money…does it get any worse?

Oh, and why is Jim Cramer still given respect and relevance? Anyone remember this video?

3. pettittechick - May 6, 2011 at 9:23 PM

” If he is convicted on all counts he faces 80 years. Given his business acumen, however, I’m sure he could talk it down to 95.”

Funniest two lines I’ve read all week!

4. Old Gator - May 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Maybe he could share a cell with Denny McLain. Is Denny still inside? I kinda lost track of him. Denny and Lenny. It makes for a nice bit of ass-o-nance.

• fuggles7 - May 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM

As long as they stick you between them Old Gator for a Ménage à trois!!!

5. bankruptcyattorneysriverside - Aug 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I wonder what type of bankruptcy fraud he engaged. Many people assume that they can transfer assets out of their name and file for bankruptcy. They don’t realize the consequences of their actions until much later. I

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (4081)