May 6, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers activated Neftali Feliz from the disabled list and the closer told Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com that he’s “good to go” after being out since April 21 with shoulder inflammation.
Feliz struck out the side in a one-inning rehab appearance Wednesday at Double-A and his fastball was in the high-90s.
Prior to landing on the disabled list Feliz converted all five of his save chances with a 1.08 ERA in eight innings, but had nearly as many walks (5) as strikeouts (6) and handed out three free passes in his final outing.
Darren Oliver served as the fill-in closer while Feliz was out, but recorded just two saves in two weeks.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)