May 6, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers activated Neftali Feliz from the disabled list and the closer told Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com that he’s “good to go” after being out since April 21 with shoulder inflammation.
Feliz struck out the side in a one-inning rehab appearance Wednesday at Double-A and his fastball was in the high-90s.
Prior to landing on the disabled list Feliz converted all five of his save chances with a 1.08 ERA in eight innings, but had nearly as many walks (5) as strikeouts (6) and handed out three free passes in his final outing.
Darren Oliver served as the fill-in closer while Feliz was out, but recorded just two saves in two weeks.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)