May 6, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers activated Neftali Feliz from the disabled list and the closer told Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com that he’s “good to go” after being out since April 21 with shoulder inflammation.
Feliz struck out the side in a one-inning rehab appearance Wednesday at Double-A and his fastball was in the high-90s.
Prior to landing on the disabled list Feliz converted all five of his save chances with a 1.08 ERA in eight innings, but had nearly as many walks (5) as strikeouts (6) and handed out three free passes in his final outing.
Darren Oliver served as the fill-in closer while Feliz was out, but recorded just two saves in two weeks.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 0
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 20
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)