May 6, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers activated Neftali Feliz from the disabled list and the closer told Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com that he’s “good to go” after being out since April 21 with shoulder inflammation.
Feliz struck out the side in a one-inning rehab appearance Wednesday at Double-A and his fastball was in the high-90s.
Prior to landing on the disabled list Feliz converted all five of his save chances with a 1.08 ERA in eight innings, but had nearly as many walks (5) as strikeouts (6) and handed out three free passes in his final outing.
Darren Oliver served as the fill-in closer while Feliz was out, but recorded just two saves in two weeks.
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 17
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 17
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 15
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)