May 6, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers activated Neftali Feliz from the disabled list and the closer told Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com that he’s “good to go” after being out since April 21 with shoulder inflammation.
Feliz struck out the side in a one-inning rehab appearance Wednesday at Double-A and his fastball was in the high-90s.
Prior to landing on the disabled list Feliz converted all five of his save chances with a 1.08 ERA in eight innings, but had nearly as many walks (5) as strikeouts (6) and handed out three free passes in his final outing.
Darren Oliver served as the fill-in closer while Feliz was out, but recorded just two saves in two weeks.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)