May 6, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
We heard a few weeks ago about how Charlie Morton had revamped his entire delivery, modeling everything off Roy Halladay. Not a bad model if you need one, though he’d have to expect far less success than Doc using it.
Halladay declined interview requests from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette to discuss Morton, but the one player who knows both of them best sees more than a similar story line.
“Charlie’s the spitting image,” said Pirates first baseman Lyle Overbay, formerly Halladay’s teammate in Toronto. “And, to be honest, he’s got better stuff than Roy does. Roy has a better idea where his ball is going because he’s been doing it a lot longer. And the sinker comes out of Charlie’s hand way better.”
Better stuff than Halladay? Ok!
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)