May 6, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
We heard a few weeks ago about how Charlie Morton had revamped his entire delivery, modeling everything off Roy Halladay. Not a bad model if you need one, though he’d have to expect far less success than Doc using it.
Halladay declined interview requests from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette to discuss Morton, but the one player who knows both of them best sees more than a similar story line.
“Charlie’s the spitting image,” said Pirates first baseman Lyle Overbay, formerly Halladay’s teammate in Toronto. “And, to be honest, he’s got better stuff than Roy does. Roy has a better idea where his ball is going because he’s been doing it a lot longer. And the sinker comes out of Charlie’s hand way better.”
Better stuff than Halladay? Ok!
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)