May 6, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
We heard a few weeks ago about how Charlie Morton had revamped his entire delivery, modeling everything off Roy Halladay. Not a bad model if you need one, though he’d have to expect far less success than Doc using it.
Halladay declined interview requests from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette to discuss Morton, but the one player who knows both of them best sees more than a similar story line.
“Charlie’s the spitting image,” said Pirates first baseman Lyle Overbay, formerly Halladay’s teammate in Toronto. “And, to be honest, he’s got better stuff than Roy does. Roy has a better idea where his ball is going because he’s been doing it a lot longer. And the sinker comes out of Charlie’s hand way better.”
Better stuff than Halladay? Ok!
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)