May 6, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt rejoined the Phillies yesterday after leaving the team to be with his family in Mississippi following last week’s tornadoes and was expected to start Saturday, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that he’s been scratched from the start.
Oswalt is apparently still dealing with back soreness and could be headed for the disabled list, according to Salisbury.
In the meantime Kyle Kendrick will take his place tomorrow versus the Braves. Oswalt hasn’t pitched since April 26, when he allowed five runs in three innings and failed to record a strikeout against Arizona.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)