May 6, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt rejoined the Phillies yesterday after leaving the team to be with his family in Mississippi following last week’s tornadoes and was expected to start Saturday, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that he’s been scratched from the start.
Oswalt is apparently still dealing with back soreness and could be headed for the disabled list, according to Salisbury.
In the meantime Kyle Kendrick will take his place tomorrow versus the Braves. Oswalt hasn’t pitched since April 26, when he allowed five runs in three innings and failed to record a strikeout against Arizona.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)