May 6, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt rejoined the Phillies yesterday after leaving the team to be with his family in Mississippi following last week’s tornadoes and was expected to start Saturday, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that he’s been scratched from the start.
Oswalt is apparently still dealing with back soreness and could be headed for the disabled list, according to Salisbury.
In the meantime Kyle Kendrick will take his place tomorrow versus the Braves. Oswalt hasn’t pitched since April 26, when he allowed five runs in three innings and failed to record a strikeout against Arizona.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 11
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)