May 6, 2011, 3:54 PM EST
Roy Oswalt rejoined the Phillies yesterday after leaving the team to be with his family in Mississippi following last week’s tornadoes and was expected to start Saturday, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that he’s been scratched from the start.
Oswalt is apparently still dealing with back soreness and could be headed for the disabled list, according to Salisbury.
In the meantime Kyle Kendrick will take his place tomorrow versus the Braves. Oswalt hasn’t pitched since April 26, when he allowed five runs in three innings and failed to record a strikeout against Arizona.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 23
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 29
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)