May 6, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
Or, rather, he puts his left love handle where his mouth was.
It’s Lee Judge of the K.C. Star who recently wrote that Wilson Betemit should have leaned into a pitch when the bases were loaded in a tight game. Let no man say that Judge expects Royals players to do anything he himself would not do. Video of Judge taking a pitch to the body is here. My respect for him is pretty much off the charts at the moment.
In totally, 100% unrelated news, Mark Kotsay should have taken his wife Jamie to a romantic Caribbean getaway last weekend. Totally should have.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)