May 6, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Or, rather, he puts his left love handle where his mouth was.
It’s Lee Judge of the K.C. Star who recently wrote that Wilson Betemit should have leaned into a pitch when the bases were loaded in a tight game. Let no man say that Judge expects Royals players to do anything he himself would not do. Video of Judge taking a pitch to the body is here. My respect for him is pretty much off the charts at the moment.
In totally, 100% unrelated news, Mark Kotsay should have taken his wife Jamie to a romantic Caribbean getaway last weekend. Totally should have.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17