May 6, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Or, rather, he puts his left love handle where his mouth was.
It’s Lee Judge of the K.C. Star who recently wrote that Wilson Betemit should have leaned into a pitch when the bases were loaded in a tight game. Let no man say that Judge expects Royals players to do anything he himself would not do. Video of Judge taking a pitch to the body is here. My respect for him is pretty much off the charts at the moment.
In totally, 100% unrelated news, Mark Kotsay should have taken his wife Jamie to a romantic Caribbean getaway last weekend. Totally should have.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)