May 6, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Or, rather, he puts his left love handle where his mouth was.
It’s Lee Judge of the K.C. Star who recently wrote that Wilson Betemit should have leaned into a pitch when the bases were loaded in a tight game. Let no man say that Judge expects Royals players to do anything he himself would not do. Video of Judge taking a pitch to the body is here. My respect for him is pretty much off the charts at the moment.
In totally, 100% unrelated news, Mark Kotsay should have taken his wife Jamie to a romantic Caribbean getaway last weekend. Totally should have.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 10
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 37
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)