May 6, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
Or, rather, he puts his left love handle where his mouth was.
It’s Lee Judge of the K.C. Star who recently wrote that Wilson Betemit should have leaned into a pitch when the bases were loaded in a tight game. Let no man say that Judge expects Royals players to do anything he himself would not do. Video of Judge taking a pitch to the body is here. My respect for him is pretty much off the charts at the moment.
In totally, 100% unrelated news, Mark Kotsay should have taken his wife Jamie to a romantic Caribbean getaway last weekend. Totally should have.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)