May 6, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
One of the better developments of the early season has been the return of The Fightins. It’s a great Phillies blog that had gone on hiatus for a while. I missed them because they are one of the few Phillies voices out there that doesn’t obsess about how the world views Philly. Rather, they actually, you know, seem to have a lot of fun watching a great baseball team and don’t cry if someone disrespects the blog’s namesake. What a concept.
Oh, and then they do stuff like unleash The Elusive Citizens Bank Park Dumpster Hippie. Which is pretty much what it sounds like. And be sure to read the second comment.
In other news, the Braves head to Philly for a big series this weekend. If Atlanta is going to at least try to make a race of it it’s pretty important that they do well. If you’re looking for a nice preview of it, you can start at Crashburn Alley, who talks to Braves blogger Peter Hjort about the series.
My personal view: life is always better when the Bravos miss Roy Halladay. Life is always worse when they face Cole Hamels. It’s not like there are a lot of good options in matching up, however. That said, I like the way Atlanta is playing right now a hell of a lot better than they were the last time these two met.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)