May 6, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
One of the better developments of the early season has been the return of The Fightins. It’s a great Phillies blog that had gone on hiatus for a while. I missed them because they are one of the few Phillies voices out there that doesn’t obsess about how the world views Philly. Rather, they actually, you know, seem to have a lot of fun watching a great baseball team and don’t cry if someone disrespects the blog’s namesake. What a concept.
Oh, and then they do stuff like unleash The Elusive Citizens Bank Park Dumpster Hippie. Which is pretty much what it sounds like. And be sure to read the second comment.
In other news, the Braves head to Philly for a big series this weekend. If Atlanta is going to at least try to make a race of it it’s pretty important that they do well. If you’re looking for a nice preview of it, you can start at Crashburn Alley, who talks to Braves blogger Peter Hjort about the series.
My personal view: life is always better when the Bravos miss Roy Halladay. Life is always worse when they face Cole Hamels. It’s not like there are a lot of good options in matching up, however. That said, I like the way Atlanta is playing right now a hell of a lot better than they were the last time these two met.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)