May 7, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: We have some more details about today’s extended spring training game.
Eddie Michaels of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that Utley was able to beat out a throw on a single while David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal adds that he played four innings in the field.
“It felt pretty good just to get back out between the lines,” Utley said. “So far so good and we’ll see how it (right knee) responds tomorrow and go from there.”
1:45 PM: Yes, this is another extended spring training tidbit, but I promise it’s a good one.
Of course, Utley has been able to take batting practice without any issues throughout this entire process, so his success at the plate shouldn’t be a huge surprise. I’m more interested to learn if he played in the field and how he felt running the bases.
More to follow.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)