May 7, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: We have some more details about today’s extended spring training game.
Eddie Michaels of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that Utley was able to beat out a throw on a single while David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal adds that he played four innings in the field.
“It felt pretty good just to get back out between the lines,” Utley said. “So far so good and we’ll see how it (right knee) responds tomorrow and go from there.”
1:45 PM: Yes, this is another extended spring training tidbit, but I promise it’s a good one.
Of course, Utley has been able to take batting practice without any issues throughout this entire process, so his success at the plate shouldn’t be a huge surprise. I’m more interested to learn if he played in the field and how he felt running the bases.
More to follow.
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 0
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)