May 7, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: We have some more details about today’s extended spring training game.
Eddie Michaels of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that Utley was able to beat out a throw on a single while David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal adds that he played four innings in the field.
“It felt pretty good just to get back out between the lines,” Utley said. “So far so good and we’ll see how it (right knee) responds tomorrow and go from there.”
1:45 PM: Yes, this is another extended spring training tidbit, but I promise it’s a good one.
Of course, Utley has been able to take batting practice without any issues throughout this entire process, so his success at the plate shouldn’t be a huge surprise. I’m more interested to learn if he played in the field and how he felt running the bases.
More to follow.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)