May 7, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
Score another for fans of predictable injuries.
From Ken Davidoff of Newsday comes word that right-hander Chris Young has been scratched from his scheduled Saturday evening start against the Dodgers due to renewed problems with his right biceps tendinitis.
Young, who spent half of April on the disabled list, wasn’t able to get loose while warming up Saturday afternoon at Citi Field.
Dillon Gee has taken the mound in his place. A 25-year-old right-hander, he has posted a 2.31 ERA and 1.11 WHIP as a starter this season.
The Mets are hoping that Young will feel well enough to give it another go in a couple of days.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (90)