May 7, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Liriano, who threw a no-hitter against the White Sox on Tuesday, was originally scheduled to pitch against the Red Sox on Monday night. Nick Blackburn will now make the start in his place while Liriano will start Tuesday’s series opener against the Tigers.
Liriano threw a season-high 123 pitches in Tuesday’s no-hitter, so pushing him back in the starting rotation isn’t the worst idea, anyway. Keep in mind that he hadn’t exceeded 100 pitches in any of his previous five starts.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)