May 7, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Liriano, who threw a no-hitter against the White Sox on Tuesday, was originally scheduled to pitch against the Red Sox on Monday night. Nick Blackburn will now make the start in his place while Liriano will start Tuesday’s series opener against the Tigers.
Liriano threw a season-high 123 pitches in Tuesday’s no-hitter, so pushing him back in the starting rotation isn’t the worst idea, anyway. Keep in mind that he hadn’t exceeded 100 pitches in any of his previous five starts.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)