May 8, 2011, 9:35 AM EDT
As expected, the Blue Jays have activated second baseman Aaron Hill from the 15-day disabled list in time for Sunday afternoon’s game against the Tigers. Mike McCoy was optioned back to Triple-A Las Vegas to clear a 25-man roster spot.
Hill spent a little over two weeks nursing a right hamstring injury before heading out on a minor league rehab assignment last Thursday. He played in two games at Single-A Dunedin, going 1-for-6 with a walk, an RBI, and two runs scored.
The powerful but streaky 29-year-old will return to a poor .242/.265/.290 big league batting line. He hasn’t homered in 68 plate appearances this season and has tallied just nine RBI. The Blue Jays, who currently sit four games back of the Rays and Yankees in the American League East standings, will hope that Hill can get back on track quickly.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)