May 8, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The shoulder discomfort that caused Mets right-hander Chris Young to be scratched from his scheduled Saturday start against the Dodgers was still bothering him on Sunday morning, so the Mets have placed him on the 15-day disabled list for the second time this season and have called up Pat Misch to fill his roster spot.
That all comes via WFAN’s Twitter account.
Young has posted a 1.88 ERA and 0.96 WHIP across four starts this year for the Mets and has held opposing hitters to a .146 batting average, but his right arm troubles are threatening to derail a promising debut season in New York.
Johan Santana was shifted to the 60-day disabled list to open a space on the 40-man roster for Misch. Santana, battling shoulder issues of his own, isn’t expected to be ready until late June or early July.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)