May 8, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The shoulder discomfort that caused Mets right-hander Chris Young to be scratched from his scheduled Saturday start against the Dodgers was still bothering him on Sunday morning, so the Mets have placed him on the 15-day disabled list for the second time this season and have called up Pat Misch to fill his roster spot.
That all comes via WFAN’s Twitter account.
Young has posted a 1.88 ERA and 0.96 WHIP across four starts this year for the Mets and has held opposing hitters to a .146 batting average, but his right arm troubles are threatening to derail a promising debut season in New York.
Johan Santana was shifted to the 60-day disabled list to open a space on the 40-man roster for Misch. Santana, battling shoulder issues of his own, isn’t expected to be ready until late June or early July.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)