May 8, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The shoulder discomfort that caused Mets right-hander Chris Young to be scratched from his scheduled Saturday start against the Dodgers was still bothering him on Sunday morning, so the Mets have placed him on the 15-day disabled list for the second time this season and have called up Pat Misch to fill his roster spot.
That all comes via WFAN’s Twitter account.
Young has posted a 1.88 ERA and 0.96 WHIP across four starts this year for the Mets and has held opposing hitters to a .146 batting average, but his right arm troubles are threatening to derail a promising debut season in New York.
Johan Santana was shifted to the 60-day disabled list to open a space on the 40-man roster for Misch. Santana, battling shoulder issues of his own, isn’t expected to be ready until late June or early July.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)