May 8, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The shoulder discomfort that caused Mets right-hander Chris Young to be scratched from his scheduled Saturday start against the Dodgers was still bothering him on Sunday morning, so the Mets have placed him on the 15-day disabled list for the second time this season and have called up Pat Misch to fill his roster spot.
That all comes via WFAN’s Twitter account.
Young has posted a 1.88 ERA and 0.96 WHIP across four starts this year for the Mets and has held opposing hitters to a .146 batting average, but his right arm troubles are threatening to derail a promising debut season in New York.
Johan Santana was shifted to the 60-day disabled list to open a space on the 40-man roster for Misch. Santana, battling shoulder issues of his own, isn’t expected to be ready until late June or early July.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 26
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)