May 8, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
The shoulder discomfort that caused Mets right-hander Chris Young to be scratched from his scheduled Saturday start against the Dodgers was still bothering him on Sunday morning, so the Mets have placed him on the 15-day disabled list for the second time this season and have called up Pat Misch to fill his roster spot.
That all comes via WFAN’s Twitter account.
Young has posted a 1.88 ERA and 0.96 WHIP across four starts this year for the Mets and has held opposing hitters to a .146 batting average, but his right arm troubles are threatening to derail a promising debut season in New York.
Johan Santana was shifted to the 60-day disabled list to open a space on the 40-man roster for Misch. Santana, battling shoulder issues of his own, isn’t expected to be ready until late June or early July.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 6
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 11
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)