May 8, 2011, 5:42 PM EDT
The Angels are as confused as the rest of the baseball world about Kendrys Morales‘ stalled rehabilitation from a broken left ankle.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Morales will travel to Vail, Colorado early this week to get a second opinion from foot and ankle specialist Dr. Thomas Clanton.
Morales has not played in a major league game since last May and has not been able to run at full speed in 11 months. He got an injection in the ankle a week ago, but it hasn’t helped.
Halos manager Mike Scioscia told the Times on Sunday that he doesn’t expect Morales to be ready until June, at the earliest. The 27-year-old registered a .924 OPS, 34 home runs and 108 RBI in 2009.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)