May 8, 2011, 5:42 PM EDT
The Angels are as confused as the rest of the baseball world about Kendrys Morales‘ stalled rehabilitation from a broken left ankle.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Morales will travel to Vail, Colorado early this week to get a second opinion from foot and ankle specialist Dr. Thomas Clanton.
Morales has not played in a major league game since last May and has not been able to run at full speed in 11 months. He got an injection in the ankle a week ago, but it hasn’t helped.
Halos manager Mike Scioscia told the Times on Sunday that he doesn’t expect Morales to be ready until June, at the earliest. The 27-year-old registered a .924 OPS, 34 home runs and 108 RBI in 2009.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)