May 8, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison will be examined by a team doctor this afternoon. If everything checks out with his strained left foot, he could be cleared to begin a rehab assignment as soon as Monday.
According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, Morrison has been taking batting practice for about a week and was able to run the bases Sunday morning without any abnormal pain or discomfort.
The Marlins are hoping that their 23-year-old left fielder will be ready in time for next weekend’s series against the Nationals in the nation’s capital.
Morrison opened the season with a .327/.424/.636 batting line, four home runs and 11 RBI through his first 15 games. Emilio Bonifacio has been drawing regular starts in left over the past couple of weeks.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)